Participate in the ABQ RIDE Forward Network Plan!
Results of the first phase of community outreach can be found here.
Study Purpose and Background
Transit needs across the City of Albuquerque are evolving. To meet those needs, ABQ RIDE is undertaking a comprehensive review of existing transit services and considering ways to enhance its bus transit network and service options.
Study recommendations will aim to best meet the needs of Albuquerque transit users and to make the most efficient use of existing resources.
The ABQ RIDE Forward Network Plan is entering its second phase in which members of the public are asked to provide feedback on where, on a range of possible network designs, ABQ RIDE should design its bus route network, using two network concepts to illustrate that range of possibilities: a high ridership concept and a high coverage concept.
See the Reports/Documents tab for a range of interim products, including an Existing Conditions Report, summary of Phase I of public and stakeholder outreach, and a Design Concepts Report that provides an overview of the range of possible network options for the City of Albuquerque.
- What is possible within the limited budget for service?
- What is the relative importance of:
- High frequencies
- Long hours/days of service (span)
- Short walks to service
- Covering places where people have a severe need for transit
- Covering newly-developed areas
- How do land use and development affect transit’s usefulness?
- What other factors affect transit’s success?